I have hands-on experience in all of these areas:
- All forms of outbound strategic communications: press releases, company backgrounders, white papers, technology backgrounders, Q&A documents, contributed articles, internal and external newsletters, and presentations.
- Media relations: direct liaison with trade press and industry analysts for article development and placement, management commentary, and day-to-day press activity.
- Content development: messaging platforms, advertising, print collateral, web content, product photography direction, and video scripting and directing.
- Branding: identity and promotional strategy development; two notable brands in my portfolio of work — Océ Arizona and ONYX PosterShop — are still thriving.
- Mergers and acquisitions: internal and external communication packages, talking points, and coaching.
- Event planning & management: trade show booths from 100 to 7,000 square feet at U.S. and European venues; sales meetings, and customer-appreciation events.
- General marketing management: strategic planning, budget responsibility, business development, and supervision of direct employees and vendors.
Having been in the display graphics industry since its inception, I have developed strong connections with the top trade journalists, industry analysts and influencers, and continue to maintain collegial relationships with them.
I am also proficient in the following content creation tools: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Professional; and Office suite: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with project management systems Basecamp, Trello, and WorkZone. Familiarity with WordPress.